Role and Responsibilities:
- Prepare the annual budget for the plant operation.
- Maintaining the facilities in conformance to Rice processing regulatory requirements & to keep them in validated state & in compliance with QESH (Quality Environment Health Safety).
- Issue resolution and communication at various levels of the organization
- To identify cost reduction, Quality enhancement projects across the unit
- Monitoring the entire production process to identify the negative variance and minimize the negative variance
- Provide leadership to the team and debate on present efficiencies and endeavour to increase efficiency
Production & Planning
- Co - ordinating, monitoring and controlling of production activities, Trouble shooting. Planning day-to-day production schedules, setting up the weekly & monthly production targets.
- Develop systems and standard protocols in production to improve the Overall Equipment Efficiency
- Prepare production budget, seek approval of the budget and monitor volumes of production, maintain all the utility norms i.e. steam, power and productivity norms i.e. yield and efficiency
- Executing cost saving techniques / measures to achieve substantial reduction in O&M expenditures and work within the budget.
- Collaborative planning with supplier to decrease Inventory level & improve productivity
- Closely monitoring Logistics planning for raw material & packing Materials.
- Manage the inventory turn ratio of materials as per budgeted levels.
- Implementation & documentation of quality systems like GMP, ISO as per the set standards.
- Making regular inspection of all production activities and regulating these activities so that all GMP and ISO procedures are followed
- Coordinating the TPM activities of the plant to improve machine management.
- Identifying assignable and chronic causes by the use of latest analysis techniques.
- Reviewing the operational practices, identifying the areas of obstruction/ quality failures and advising on system and process changes for qualitative improvement and energy conservation.
- Handling activities pertaining to change management to ensure seamless operations.
- Reporting, evaluation and investigation of critical deviations.
- Evaluating proposed changes in product, process or equipment.
- Planning and effecting preventive maintenance schedules to increase machine up time / equipment reliability; thereby accomplishing planned production targets within budget
- Tracking daily breakdowns, implementing preventive maintenance programmes to improve the efficiency of the system or the equipment undergoing maintenance.
- Directing & instructing maintenance team; monitoring expenses with optimum utilization of resources.
- Preparing costs reports on spare parts, inventory, labor and machines for resources planning, budgeting, scheduling and executing preventive/ predictive maintenance activities.
- Bachelor or Master in Engineering, oversea educated is a plus
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Production
- At least 3 years’ experience in Plant Manager role
- Experience from Food Manufacturing is highly desirable
- Good leadership skills
- Fluent English