Our client is based in Rayong, Thailand, The company is an established international industrial reciprocating compressor package manufacturer. Their facility provides engineering, procurement, manufacturing, construction supervision and commissioning services in support of their gas compression packages delivery throughout the Australasia Pacific region. They have worldwide reputation for delivering quality products used in a wide range of applications within many industry sectors including oil and gas and petro chemical sectors.
Their varied client and project base provides their staff with opportunities to demonstrate their current competencies and to develop new skills within a fast moving, competitive, dynamic and flexible environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Managing Director, The International Sales Manager would take up responsibility for and be expected to manage all aspects of the package sale form enquiry, through application engineering, quotation, technical and commercial clarifications to sales and order entry. Although not directly responsible for compressor sizing the successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years successful sales experience with related process equipment packages in the region and be thoroughly grounded in thermodynamics, logic controls and process systems as applicable to compressor machinery.
- Actively search out enquiries from the sales region.
- Support creation of detailed quotations from internal applications department.
- Support to pricing, delivery and scope necessary to secure sale.
- Be a first point of contact for all enquiries.
- Support response to all technical and commercial clarifications
- Attend customer meetings throughout the region
- Negotiate final sales price, delivery and commercial terms to the best benefit of NEA SEA
- Attend external customer kick off meetings
- Ensuring complete handover of sale to Order handling Department.
Skills and Requirements:
- A complete self-starter willing to the extra mile to make a sale
- Willingness to travel internationally for extended periods as and when required
- Business fluent written and spoken English
- Process Engineering with commercial experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of compression process, thermodynamics, controls and mechanical design.
- Strong background in process package costing
- Minimum 10 years successful sale experience of similar process packages
- Regional sales experience
- Fully conversant with integration of multi-discipline Engineering solution’s and associated deliverables ( incl. Process, Civil, Piping, E+I and Mechanical)
- Fully conversant with basic project management principles.
- Familiar with and able to contribute to commodity costing / development
- Able to contribute to quotation development.
- Knowledge in project Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Ability to effectively manage remotely located global quotation stake holders
- Basic knowledge of contract law ( local and international)
- Computer literate- MS Office etc.
The following will be considered highly advantageous
- Available to start immediately
- Previous experience with local suppliers
- Previous knowledge of local customers
- Previous selling to regional contractors
- Strong negotiation & communication skills and possesses assertiveness
- Team oriented with ability to work independently.