ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- To lead a team accountable for the development and delivery of all projects in one or more platforms of the R&D Portfolio. To represent R&D on the relevant project and product portfolios, providing technical expertise and interfacing effectively with other functions in the business.
- Lead additional strategy initiatives on behalf of the Category e.g. Cost reduction, sustainability, consumer understanding, Efficiency improvements and working with other parts of the R&D Organization as needed to deliver these initiatives
- To generate the technical content of Project Development Briefs and to ensure that all R&D sections are complete and consistent.
- Responsible for management and development of the team
- Contribute to the Category Innovation proves by creating new projects and influencing to get these on the agreed pipeline
- To proactively track and respond to competitor threats by understanding their development activities and advising Category Team and the business of competitor threats as well as identifying technical solutions in response to such threats.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Chemistry from a reputable university.
- At least 10 years experienced within related industry. Demonstrated competence within Healthcare/Personal care environment, ideally running R&D team, experience from MEDICAL GLOVES/ LATEX industry is highly desirable
- Good leadership, motivational and great interpersonal skills with excellent command in English.
- Proven ability to work under pressure without compromising on deliverables
- Strong analytical skills with ability to think strategically
- Understanding of strategy and planning issues, consumer understanding, priority setting and project management